Ann: ControlsBrowser 1.2.1b4

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Nov 16 14:03:20 EST 2004

Hi everyone, you are watching/reading the pre-release of the new and
reimproved ControlsBrowser! The stack is incredibly popular and already in
the top 10 of MonsieurX.com's stats! Thanks for your continued visits!

New and revised Description:

If you like RR, use it to create applications, you have noticed probably
that it takes a lot of time to edit the properties of a stack or review the
controls in your stacks for release. Also when you need to find a control in
a stack that is hidden somewhere behind a layer of groups etc, it takes even
longuer! And sometimes, you can't even edit that property! The solution is
this utility meta-plugin ControlsBrowser.

This stack lists all the controls present in any stack, in any card or
background in any order you like. In addition you can directly browse and
edit their contents, scripts, properties, custom properties and more!

--

IT WAS HELL to make it as cool and smooth as you see it! And I went to hell
and back to finish it! Yes, Ladies and Gents, the ControlsBrowser "lite" is

The new and reimproved ControlsBrowser is running under almost all
circumstances. Does it all and will not deceive you in the length of it's
editors for any control, possibilities and ways to go faster editing
controls in simple to really complex stacks.

I've greatly revised the help to make it much clearer and provide
explanations or tooltips for nearly everything!

Is it over? Hell no! Im working on a PRO version to honor those that do
license this stack! Read in the (unfinished) About field, the Support
chapter for an offer I hope few will refuse!

The Pro features will be twice as great as the difference between the old
ControlsBrowser from MetaCard and this stack! Just a hint: Unlimited Undos
or redos!

Please drop a comment, give it a vote, or download the preview file at

<http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&li
d=69>

Im writing an article with screen-shots, and the long features description
which should be shortly out on MonsieurX but I detected a couple issues with
editing fonts which will be fixed tomorow... Takes time to make perfect...

Just wondering if anyone can see anything wrong that I missed before I
commit to the release unaware. Make sure you read the faq before the obvious
questions.

This is a beta - do not use on late minute release stacks or nuclear device
control or life support or any sensitive equipment of any sort with it.

-- Please email me directly any visual issues (I dont have a mac or linux
box that can run RunRev so any screenshots are welcome...

I zipped the file this time at the detriment of those who could open it
directly but with just a quarter of the size to download it's a nice stack
to quickly download! If you would rather open it directly, let me know, I'll
unzip it, what's a megabite today?! This stack should be 2.1.2 friendly alas
depends heavily on the geometry manager. If anyone wants to port it to
MetaCard, please contact me. A monster script awaits you!

Time to release a beta...

Last Minute RevMurphy Trick: open ControlsBrowser, close it, click on the
revMenubar, and all of runrev crashes! Does this happen to you?

Well will the maltese falcon come to the rescue any time?

Cheers to all
Xavier
--
Inject a little nitrous in your Revo development with
Good thing there is no speed limit for faster development!