8 Bit Masks?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Nov 16 06:39:43 EST 2004

why not go the whole way and do real alpha channels (not just 8 bits!) for
ANY objects including the window?

The blend only works for images and requires extra steps to apply this for
buttons or fields with image overlays while a simple blend property addition
to the Rev controls would solve this.

Additionally, transparent patterns would be cool!

Ultimately if Macs could handle non-square patterns RunRev would be really
much more multiplatform...

This 1bit limit would be the reason why color cursor can't have a
transparency that displays normally like it should? Usually the cursor turns
black... or the mask does...

Last but not least, translucid menus and selections would be cool!

just my 4 cents dreaming as usual ;)

cheers
Xavier