group command not working?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Nov 15 10:12:13 EST 2004

Recently, MisterX wrote:

> The group command below doesn't work.
>
> I also tried with select (do "select" && nulist)
>
> and neither works... Any ideas?
>
> here's the error
>
> Type    Group: bad object type
> Line    (why can't it figure the line out?)
> Hint    group  Image 1 and Image 2 and Image 3 and Image 4 and Image 5 and
> Image 6 and Image 7 and Image 8 and Image 9 and Image 10 and Image 11 and
> Image 12 and Image 13 and Image 14 and Image 15 and Image 16 and Image 17
> and Image 18 and Image 19 and Image 20 and Image 21 and Image 22 and Image
> 23 and Image 24 and Image 25 and Image 26 and Image 27 and Image 28 and
> Image 29 and Image 30 and Image 31 and Image 32 and Image 33 and Image 34
> and Image 35 and Image 36 and Image 37 and Image 38

> do "group" && nulist

This is the right way to do it.  I have also run into an error when trying
to group multiple objects by script but it was due to my formatting of the
list of objects.  Check that you do indeed have 38 images to group (that
they all exist).  Also, try a small test in a separate stack with just a few
objects.  I just now tried a small test with 3 buttons and it worked as
expected.

  put "btn 2 and btn 3 and btn 4" into B
  do "group" && B

Also: