Windows: Natively playable media

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 13 20:50:47 EST 2004

mmm. OK this may explain it. I was dumb enough not to query the little
DEL I had to see if QT for Windows was installed... I just assumed
because it played the audio.mp3 file in a player that QT must have been
installed. Now I think in fact it must have been using WMP to drive the
audio, and so, I suspect, many of my scripts that were failing, failed
because, even though the machine did play it. Many of the scripting
properties only work with QT.. (currentTime, timeScale) etc. when I
installed the latest version of QT things got better: well, almost,
some player properties available on the Mac are not available on
Windows unless the player has been started...

But it is good to know that you can just play a sound file on Windows
without QT...

tks and best wishes from Hawaii as you head into winter.

Sivakatirswami