must externals be defined at startup?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 15:48:49 EST 2004

I'm reading the docs for the "externals" command:

Specifies a list of files containing external code that are to be loaded into
memory when the stack opens.

I've got a Revolution app that resides on the user's hard-drive, and then
calls anothe Revolution app off a server on the internet.   Can I define
externals when the hosted Revolution app loads, or does it all have to take place
beforehand by the locally-run app?

For instance, could I store by externals on the host, and have the
host-stored rev app load those externals?