Standalone will not keep Custom Property values

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Nov 11 12:37:59 EST 2004

Hi Doug,

> I am working on a application that stores data (codes) and image paths
> as values of custom properties. I tested this weeks ago and it worked
> and when the stand alone was quit it retained the last value input to
> the custom property when the stand alone was relaunched or opened. Now
> it does not work and the stand alone reverts the custom properties to
> the way they were at the time of the stand alone's creation. The data
> input is no longer stored. Does anybody know what I can do to have the
> end user's input or selection retained when they relaunch their
> application?

sorry, but stacks in standalones CANNOT be saved! NEVER!

But you can workaround this by:

1. Storing your info in a textfile and read it in again on startup...

2. Create your standalone only from ONE stack, e.g. a splash screen,
and check this in
the standalone builder on the "Stacks" card in the "Advanced options"
on the right:

[ X ] Move substacks to individual stackfiles

Separate stacks that are NOT part of the standalone, CAN be saved...

Hope that helps.

> Doug

Regards

Klaus Major