How to access Telnet Port - please help

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Nov 10 18:32:49 EST 2004

>                 I went through your script and its very good. There
> are some
> areas that I need to understand, since I am new to Rev programming.
> 1. I like to learn how to use your library in my stack. I looked at
> Documentation and found this "How do I create a code library - " and
> under
> that topic it says
>
> "script of group "MyLib" into back"
> Now I am little bit confused of the above. Can you please give me some
> examples to explain how to use the lib.

There are various ways to insert extra scripts into the message path,
frontScript, backScript or library.
If you have the scripts in an object e.g. a button, you can use the
insert command to make it a frontScript (which means it gets the
messages before any other object) or backScript (which gets messages
after they have been handled & passed or ignored by your interface.

For the POP library, I put all the scripts in the stack script of a
library stack and then have a line in the interface stack:
	start using stack "sPOPlibrary"
This makes all the commands in the stack script available to any other
stacks.

> Is the POPlibrary commands derived from mail server request formats?
> Can you
> please elaborate in this area too.
Yes, they are the standard POP commands. Search for the POP RFC online
and you will see the commands all explained.

> 2. What are the steps necessary to create my own library, please
> explain.
Make a new stack. Write the scripts for your library in the stack
script of your new stack. Any stack that needs to use this stack must
have a "start using" command. Any application that uses the library
needs to have the stack included in the build. That's all - there isn't
anything mystical about a library, it's just another stack.

Cheers,
Sarah