Keychain Experience?

Frank Engel fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Nov 10 16:53:33 EST 2004

Okay, now I am experimenting with accessing the Mac OS X Keychain from
an External in Rev.  It seems to be working fine, except for one slight
problem:

My standalone and the stack running under Rev are recognized by the
Keychain Services as being the same app!

If I understand this correctly, this means that *ANY* Rev stack (at
least, any Rev stack built with that version of Rev) will be able to
access the same keychain data that my stack would on the same machine.
Needless to say this is quite insecure.  I suspect it might have
something to do with the fact that the Rev engine is used in both cases
as the basic "application" part of the program.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or know how to work around
this problem?  It might take an enhancement request to get this fixed,
not sure...

Thank you!

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
everlasting life.