Unique serial numbers

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Nov 10 10:54:57 EST 2004

Greg,

You can easily test of a duplicate with an index...

You can also keep track of the last used record and increment it.

If you want a permanent record, something like the saving of a small file
should do.

Last but not least, combining the id with another thing like the file name
or a unique database identifier can help enhance uniqueness further...

Is it possible that two clients create to records at the same time? Sooner
or later, this could happen.

Cheers
Xavier