How to use sockets?

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 10 06:42:59 EST 2004

Hi,

BvG> On Nov 07 2004, at 23:46, DJ Grumble wrote:

BvG> note: this is the hard way, with datagramm sockets its way simpler, but
BvG> that's the way i would do it :)

out of curiosity :-) what would be simpler with Datagramm ?????

otherwise, can someone tell me the pros and cons of communicating
between revolution and an outside program using "the open process" versus
open socket
( the outside program reads few properties
from revolution during the execution and then write to some others...  )

please, nothing to do with the shell() command.

the environment is Win98, NT and XP

regards, thierry