compress/decompress on OS X

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 10:25:43 EST 2004

   Perhaps I'm missing something, but it seems to me that it should be
possible to create a Rev-only compression utility which can handle any number of
files, on any platform that Rev supports.

   Step one: Create a new stack.
   Step two: Do a binfile read of whichever file.
   Step three: Stick the binary data of that file into a custom property of
your new stack.
   Step four: Repeat 2 and 3 as needed, until there are no more files to
compress.
   Step five: Use gzip to compress the resulting stack.

   Can anyone think of a reason that this technique *wouldn't* work?