time problems with daylight saving

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Nov 7 23:18:48 EST 2004

On Nov 7, 2004, at 11:04 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> I am at a loss as to what to do. I guess if I can detect daylight
> savings, I could add 3600 to the time stamps of any reports. But how
> can I detect daylight savings? Rev must be able to do this, but I
> can't find a way. Is there maybe an AppleScript way?

I guess I'm thinking that the behavior is correct, though not desirable
in your case. The seconds should be independent of such things as
DST... but that isn't helping you.

What about -
convert the date && the time to seconds

Doesn't that give you what you need?

Alternately, would it be possible to request a uniform time stamp from
the server?

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.