Multiple shell commands

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Nov 7 15:00:12 EST 2004

On 11/7/04 12:12 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/04 10:44 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Am I correct, then, that it isn't possible to send multiple commands
> with the shell() function? It would be cleaner if we could. Seems like
> we should be able to. I may mess around with it some more just to find
> out, but if anyone knows how to do it I am all ears.

Actually, it depends on what version of Windows you're running. Windows 2000
and later use the shell command "cmd.exe", which supports multiple commands
on the command line through the use of "&"; Windows 98SE and earlier use the
shell command "command.com", which does not support multiple commands.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/