Multiple shell commands

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 7 01:12:06 EST 2004

On 11/6/04 10:44 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Jacque-
>
> Saturday, November 6, 2004, 9:00:52 AM, you wrote:
>
> JLG> Anyone know how to do this?
>
> create a test.bat file with the contents:
>
> cd "C:\Program Files\Conversion Software\w32-rbmake-1.1\"
> rbMake -ebjTs -otest "C:\Program Files\Conversion Software\README.txt"
>
> then from your script issue the command
>
> shell "test.bat"

Thanks Mark, and Xavier too. This method works fine, and I can easily
create a file on the fly and execute it. Cool.

Am I correct, then, that it isn't possible to send multiple commands
with the shell() function? It would be cleaner if we could. Seems like
we should be able to. I may mess around with it some more just to find
out, but if anyone knows how to do it I am all ears.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com