OT Yet another installer question

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Nov 6 12:46:50 EST 2004

>Message: 8
>Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:39:28 -0800
>From: Mark Talluto <userev at canelasoftware.com>
>Subject: Re: OT Yet another installer question
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

>On Nov 5, 2004, at 9:22 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>>  I have a stand-alone built with RR on a Mac to run in Windows. It is
>>  called "MergeEmailLists.exe." and when I double click it, it runs just
>>  fine in Windows.
>>
>>  It does not appear in the Window's list of applications however. While
>>  that doesn't bother me, I have a friend who would like to see it
>>  there.
>>
>>  I have tried using the Window's Add or Remove Program control, and the
>>  subsequent "Browse" option.
>>
>>  But, browse as I might, my "MergeEmailLists.exe" never shows up as an
>>  option. (It is located on a USB flash memory stick. I can browse to
>>  the flash memory files however.)
>>
>  > And I can't find an inexpensive (cheap) installer utility which runs
>>  on Mac OS 9.
>>
>>  Any rough and dirty way to get a .exe application built on a Mac
>  > installed onto a Windows PC? As you can tell, I am Windows-illiterate.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Jim
>

>Jim,
>
>I use Clickteam's installcreator:  <http://www.clickteam.com>  It is
>free, but requires you to have a PC to create the installer.  I suppose
>you could have your friend if he/she is so inclined to make the
>installer for you.  It is very easy to use btw.  Oh...and did I mention
>that it is free?
>
>--
>Best regards,
>Mark Talluto

Thanks Mark and Frank,

InstallCreator has gone commercial. It is now $59.

But no matter. I have stumbled on InstallGadget. It falls within my
definition of cheap--$19--and it is simplicity itself. (Still don't
understand how to use the built-in Windows installer, if that's what
it is, that is how to use Add or Remove Program applied to a RR
standalone with an exe suffix.

Jim