Locally Declared Variables & Recursive Handlers

Frank Engel fde101 at fjrhome.net
Sat Nov 6 10:48:43 EST 2004

Yeah, don't include those files.  Nothing similar under Windows/*nix
that I know of... at least, not usually.

I think the .DS_Store files track the positions of icons in Finder
windows, and so forth.  Prior versions of the Mac OS stored this info
in the filesystem itself, but OS X wants to be compatible with UFS,
which has no place for that data, so it just uses .DS_Store files
everywhere.  Probably helps maintain compatibility with network
filesystems, too.

On Nov 6, 2004, at 10:40, Rob Cozens wrote:

> BTW, my sdbFolderContents handler returns a file named ".DS_Store" for
> each folder on Mac OS X.  Am I correct that that file should NOT be
> stored or decompressed?  Are there similar files in Windows and/or
> 'nix?

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
everlasting life.
$