[ANN] Happy Mixer

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Nov 6 07:48:23 EST 2004

Hi Scott,

> Greetings List:
>
> I recently completed a first pass at a 2 channel audio mixer suitable
> for
> play on Mac OSX and hopefully Windows (untested).  The heavily visual
> interface is a blend of high end audio gear and Japanime quirkiness
> (thus
> the name "Happy Mixer").  Sporting crossfading, AutoFade, real level
> meters,
> radial sliders and progress bars, and custom time counters, this stack
> *requires* QuickTime and the latest version of Trevor DeVore's
> EnhancedQT
> external
> (http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/enhancedqt.html).
> Plug in your own music and/or sound files and you should be ready to
> play.
>
> As folks on the list are good at uncovering bugs, I thought I'd run it
> by
> here for initial testing/exploration.
>
> In your message box enter:
>
>   go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/happymixer.rev"
>
> [360k download]

Mon dieux!

Fantastic, Scott, thanks and cogratulations, you managed again that
we all feel very small, "graphics"-wise :-D

Just kidding, cute as ever :-)

I hope you will share the code of these "ellipsoidic" sliders one day...
I was always very weak in maths ;-)

Have a nice weekend...

> Best Regards,
>
> Scott Rossi
> Creative Director
> Tactile Media, Development & Design
> -----
> E: scott at tactilemedia.com
> W: http://www.tactilemedia.com

Best from rainy and cold germany
(Have to go to sunny Malta soon :-)

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
You are probably using "qtGetMediaLevelMeter", right?