Standalone with Externals crashing

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Nov 5 12:50:21 EST 2004

> Does it crash on startup?

The program is not crashing at startup.  The only time it crashes is when I execute one of the external's functions.  I am however getting the following error at start when I include the Script Error Reporter in the Standalone.

    Executing at 2:58:29 PM
    Type
    Object card id 1002
    Line put "Object" & tab & the short name of tObject & cr after tErrorString
    Hint preOpenCard

I have no idea where this error is coming from, but I do know for sure that my stack does not have any "preOpenCard" handlers in it.  RunRev Support said maybe it's something in the libraries that I've included so I tested my stack with no stack libraries, and it still show's the error.

> How did you set the paths to the externals in the standalone?

Even though I had the externals in the Revolution folder, I also placed a copy of them in my stack's folder as well.  I added them to the stack's External References so they show as "EnhancedQT.dll" and "setDesktop.dll" without any path references.

> If you set the externals property to empty in the standalone does the project still crash?

Nope, doesn't crash.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
Compress Images Easily with JPEGCompress
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com