compress/decompress on OS X

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 21:20:35 EST 2004

This is a great utility for non-application Mac OS X files.   However, I'm
finding that if I try to compress an application and then decompress an
application in Mac OS X, the decompressed file no longer works.

I think I'm going to try putting a .DMG file on an HTTP server and see if I
can revolution to download it, mount it, copy files from it, and then unmount
it.   Anyone even tried that with Revolution?   It still seems like a lot of
work just to get a Mac OS X application downloaded from the internet via Rev.
Surely someone else has run across this issue?   (Trying to get an OS X
application downloaded while preserving it's resource-forks)   How does Fetch do
this?