compress/decompress on OS X

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Nov 3 14:52:55 EST 2004

RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/3/04 10:59:43 AM, soapdog at mac.com writes:
>

>>Also, I think that some way back Richard or Chipp create a
>>compressin/decomprerssion utility stack in rev... search the archives.
>>
>>Andre
>>

> If there's a compression/decompression utility stack, I'm definitely
> interested.   I wonder if I'm searching the wrong archives - - - I'm just not pulling
> up any examples of successful Mac OS X application compression/decompression.
>  Lots of posts about compressing/decompressing binary data into Rev stacks
> however.

It's tedious, but not difficult:

- get the directory which is the .app bundle
- get its contents recursively
- read of of those files into custom props in a stack file
- store the short path to the file in a custom prop

On the flipside, to restore:
- walk through the custom props, writing out the stored data to the
stored paths.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation