Dialog Box Tutorial

Ralph R. Forehand ralf at dol.net
Tue Nov 2 10:43:24 EST 2004

>On Nov 1, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Ralph R. Forehand wrote:
>
>>Anyone know of a good tutorial on mixed objects Dialog Boxes?
>>
>>Or have a good example Dialog Box that includes check boxes and text (See attached .jpg) input?
>>
>>Thanks in Advance for any help.

Andre wrote;
>take notice of the modal command using your documentation stack. And since, as I think I remember, you're on MacOS X, fiddle with modal ... as sheet command, it's pretty cool! remember to create a button to close your dialog (modal window) or you'll be locked.

Frank wrote;
>You can also just issue a "sheet" command, but either way, remember a close button.  I did myself in a couple times already by forgetting this, it can be quite nasty if you forget one and haven't saved your hundreds of lines of newly written code ;-)
>

>>X, fiddle with modal ... as sheet command, it's pretty cool! remember to create a button to close your dialog (modal window) or you'll be locked.

Andre and Frank,

Thank You both for the solid advice and strong "Close Button inclusion" alert. I'll work at remembering it! ;-))

Before I use  the commands in my "real stack", I'll try them out on a small "test stack".

BTW - I'm still on Mac OS 9 and am putting off converting to OS X as long as I can. My fellow Mac User Group look at me as a heretic (or worse) because of my reluctance. :-))

THANKS AGAIN, More Later and TAKE CARE,
Ralph