FTP problem to Name Based Virtual Server Web Site

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon May 31 20:25:01 EDT 2004

On May 31, 2004, at 9:04 PM, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Aloha and Namaste , Andre and Bjornke...
>
> First: a single slash in the path will fail because ftp to the server
> root is blocked and the double slash "pushes" the path to the virtual
> website home folder...
>
> log field:
>
> right, Andre... I should have thought of that:

Hi Sannyasin,

glad it's a directory walking problem, those are easier to solve than
login ones!

as I see, you're putting double slashes to force user back to his
homedir. I always tought homedir was represented by tilde (~) sign in
unix enviroments, can you try this line

   put  url
"ftp://user%40himalayanacademy.com:password@555.55.55.55/~/
mainwebsite_html/"

Server will folow ~ to the root of the homedir, so if your absolute
path for homedir is /home/himalayan/ then replacing this with ~ should
do the trick. Let me know.

It might work... I use something like this here.

cheers
Andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004