ANN: new version of CGI-Tool Stack

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun May 30 19:31:01 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

After being in hospital for a while due to an evil mosquito bite, I am
back coding. First it's an annoucement of a new version of CGI-Tool
stack. This is a simple Helper stack made by Me, Andre Alves Garzia
(soapdog at mac.com), to help people setup MC Engine and LibCGI with
remote FTP access. To use this you should have the MetaCard engine
suited for your plataform and LibCGI.rev. The brand new feature is CGI
Stack file uploading. You create your stack in the Rev IDE and from
there you upload it to your remote server, like, a remote distribution
builder. It will ask for you stack file and upload it to the /stacks/
folder of your LibCGI instalation. It can also launch the default
browser pointing to the desired CGI after upload, good for debugging.

I hope this will aid all newbies out there to make CGIs using our xTalk
platform of choice.

Workflow is like this:
1) Download the mc engine suited for your server platform.
2) Download libCGI
3) Use CGI-Tool stack to upload and setup them both at your server.
4) Code your own cgi.
5) Use CGI-Tool stack to upload and install it on your server...

it's pretty straight forward, very easy! Also I would like feedback on
it.

Always keep tunned for tools and news by checking
http://www.soapdog.org and http://www.soapdog.org/blog/

you can get it from http://public.soapdog.org (it's cgitool.rev)

or type: go URL  "http://www.soapdog.org/rev/cgitool.rev" into your
message box