Menu shortcuts not working

Martin Baxter martin at materiaprima.fsnet.co.uk
Sat May 29 06:02:18 EDT 2004

Xavier,

You don't mention the tool selection in your problem report, but as you
probably already know, if the browse tool is selected your stack's menu
shortcuts should take precedence when it is the topstack in the IDE, so
what you describe could be correct behaviour. On the other hand if the
pointer tool is current, the RR menus shoud take precedence, if they don't
something is up.

Having said that, there are a number of bugs relating to menu shortcuts in
bugzilla and flavours of MacOS. I can't remember their id's offhand I'm
afraid.

I posted about non-working menu shortcuts to this list a few days ago, but
no-one had any comment to make about it. My problem is a bit different from
yours (I think) in that menu shortcuts in my own stacks don't work at all
on Linux, and don't work in windowsXP unless I set the menubar property
(which the documentation suggests is not relevant except on mac - um).
I didn't post to bugzilla because I don't have a recipe and AFAIK the
problem is either unique to me (i.e. I broke something) or intermittent.

In the bugzilla entries, people have suggested re-installing RR (which I
haven't tried) and/or resetting the preferences (which didn't work for me,
but might for you).

HTH

Martin