Menu shortcuts not working

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat May 29 05:51:59 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

X's daily rant again ;))

Menu shortcuts dont work for me on windows and before putting in a bugzilla
(coz I didn't find a similar item)
I wanted to know if others have had this problem or not...

On windows, it seems that the topstack will prevent regular IDE menu
shortcuts from working! I dont know if it is the case on Macs or unix...

Examples are
Copy paste shortcuts (with classic C or V and/or shift-ins) in the message
box has to be done a few times before it works...
Copy paste in general (script editor, fields, etc...)
Control-M to call the message box doesn't always work...
In the help stacks you are forced to use the revMenu to selected copy
text...

- Possible causes are because my stack already has an edit menu (which I
think is normal GUI standards)
- My stack doesn't use M as a command and no other button uses that as the
accelerator key...

Is there a rule for menu usage to avoid this type of conflicts?
 I found nothing related to it in the help... And Im not saying how often
this basic OS feature is used...

Bug will be posted tomorow anyway...

TIA, cheers
Xavier