Script not accepting empty line

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri May 28 09:58:21 EDT 2004

>Can you show us the handler that empties a line...

Jeremy,

I believe from your description of the problem (no matter what line
is emptied the new text goes into line 10) that your logic is
deleting the line instead of emptying it.

If one starts with a 10-line variable, "delete line x of myVariable"
leaves a 9-line variable with former lines x+1 to 10 now numbered x
to 9.

"put empty into line x of myVariable" leaves a 10-line variable with
line x empty.

If you're doing the former instead of the later, that is the source
of your problem.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company