html formatting in a field

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 11:47:45 EDT 2004

On Thursday, May 27, 2004, at 08:37  AM, Springer, Paul wrote:

> Thanks Mark. This does give me text with html formatting tags, but
> what I
> want displayed is the formatted text, as it would show up in a
> browser, not
> the tags. I just want to use tags to format it.
>
> -Paul

Now we're getting somewhere. Do this:

[snip]

4.) In the message window enter this:
     put the HTMLText of field "yourField" into field "yourField"

5.) Now edit the markup you see by adding bold, underline, box,
italics, and other tags that Rev indicates useful in the docs on
HTMLtext

6.) In the message window enter this:
     set the HTMLText of field "yourField" to field "yourField"

Mark