Application Icons in Mac classic

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu May 27 11:30:29 EDT 2004

On 5/27/04 8:33 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

>> Any suggestions or success stories would be welcome.
>

> How about failure stories, Mark?
>
> I used ResEdit to create a file with a resource fork containing one of
> each of the six icon resource types, with each resource's ID = 128.
>
> I located the file for the Distribution Builder and created a standalone.
>
> The standalone displays the standard Rev icons.
>
> Mac OS 9; Rev 2.1.2

I've never been able to get it to work either, I always just resort to
ResEdit. I wonder if it has something to do with the standalone settings
-- I never allow the SB to scan the stack. I wonder if that matters.

Also, even though I point the SB to a plist file for the OS X
distribution, it is never included either. Again, I wonder if that has
to do with not allowing it to scan.

I have had to rebuild a very large stack several times and if I allow SB
to scan the stack it takes over 30 minutes to generate standalones;
that's why I don't want it to scan.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com