IDE Interference (not just a another rant)

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed May 26 13:09:20 EDT 2004

from the moment you press cntrol s until the IDE reacts again...

but consider it takes 1 second for OS to file access, even 2 seconds
to save 10 Ks to be extrememly long...

The CPU hog is the worst, it's capable of screwing up a DVD burn
among other things (true story)... And on a PC, it's hard to do
that usually (no osx experience but MacOS was really sensible
whereas the PC is not.)

Real life... Control-Alt-S (the old edit stack script shortcut)
will block your PC or Mac for 5 seconds per stack opened...

Oops... RR's CPU hunger is a major problem IMOHO. Not that it
can hog the CPU but it does it anytime...