Hack to make a "modal dialog"

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Tue May 25 18:06:07 EDT 2004

On May 25, 2004, at 4:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 12:17:20 -0500
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: Hack to make a "modal dialog"
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> On 5/24/04 8:15 AM, Frank Leahy wrote:
>
>> 5. While the progress dialog is open, if the user clicks in any stack
>> the mouseDown handler in the transparent button gets called, which
>> forces the progress dialog back to the front.
>
> Do you get a window flash, or does it look like nothing changed?

Sarah,

Yes, there's a flash as the stack comes to the front for an instance
before the dialog is forced to the front again.

And there appears to be a bug where clicking in a stack's title bar
causes the stack to come to the front but no resumeStack message is
fired, so the dialog gets stuck behind.  I guess I'll have to keep
calling "go to stack" inside the progress dialog to force it to the
front...ugh.

It would be so much easier if a frontscript could completely trap
mouseDown events.  Or if there were a "mostly-modal" dialog property
where the dialog is modal, but scripts keep running.

-- Frank