Palette redraw problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat May 22 12:35:56 EDT 2004

On 5/21/04 10:09 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> When faced with a mysterious issue related to OS events I've found if
> nothing else works sometimes it's useful to add a timer to allow the OS
> to complete whatever it's doing before doing your next thing.
>
> This seems to work okay from a frontScript:
>

> on resumeStack
>   send "UpdatePal" to me in 100 millisecs
> end resumeStack
>
> on UpdatePal
>   if the short name of the topStack is "sub" then
>     show stack "pal"
>   else hide stack "pal"
> end UpdatePal

This seems to mostly work. Thanks. I didn't put it into a frontscript, I
just put it into the mainstack's stack script. Is there any particular
reason to use a frontscript?

I don't completely trust it yet, since if you try it without the delay
it crashes the engine. Also, I am getting a flashing field when clicking
back to the main stack -- it looks like something is repeatedly focusing
in on the first field on the card, which tells me the card is getting
and losing the focus in a recursive loop. This isn't consistent but it
looks really weird when it happens. Putting blocking suspend/resumestack
handlers in the palette doesn't help.

What seems to be going on is a recursive "resumestack" somewhere. But
this is the closest thing to a working solution I've found so far, so
thanks. I think we're close.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com