HyperCard Address Stack Conversion

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Fri May 21 02:21:53 EDT 2004

On 21 May 2004, at 2:38 pm, WebSense at aol.com wrote:

> 1.    Convert HyperCard "Address" stacks from the Macintosh to the PC
> 2.    Provide the ability to create, delete, modify, and search cards
> 3.    Provide the ability to print a single card or to print an entire
>       report of cards within the stack
>
> If you have a solution to this problem, please post your solution or
> send me an email.  I am willing to pay a reasonable price for an
> off-the-shelf solution, but I am reluctant to engage in a consulting
> contract to do customized work.  I would prefer to use a standard
> vendor product.
> Thanks,
> Roy Sykes

Hi Roy,

Revolution can do what you want, but it is a programming environment -
not a ready-to-use database - so it won't do it without a bit of work
from either you or someone else. If you wanted to do it yourself, there
are a large number of people on this list who are always ready to help
with suggestions, advice, problem-solving etc. If you decide Revolution
is the way to go but you don't want to do it yourself, then there are
people who you can hire (myself included) to do it for you. However
neither of these options gives you an off-the-shelf solution. If that
is what you want, maybe you should write an exporter for your HyperCard
addresses and buy a commercial database like FileMaker that can read in
your old records and will (I think) be able to print, edit, search etc.
immediately. It won't give you the flexibility of Revolution but you
may find it more comfortable.

Cheers,
Sarah

Cheers,