Palette redraw problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 19 18:35:20 EDT 2004

Before I bugzilla this, I wanted to check to see if anyone else has hit
this snag and whether there is a work-around for it.

I have stack that opens a tool palete. I want the palette to disappear
when the stack is not frontmost, and reappear when it is. I scripted a
suspendStack handler and a resumeStack handler to manage this:

on suspendStack
  hide palette "myPalette"
end suspendStack

on resumeStack
  show palette "myPalette"
end resumeStack

This works exactly every other time the stack is suspended; that is, the
first time it hides, the second time it doesn't. In addition, the times
when the palette is reshown, it is not redrawn and appears on screen as
a plain white rectangle with no contents. "Go this card of stack
myPalette" from the message box will force a redraw and the contents appear.

Sometimes the engine seems to forget what the stack status is. When the
palette appears to be empty and all white, the message box says it is
hidden. However, "show palette mypalette" in this case does not work and
there is no change to the stack's appearance. Neither does "hide palette
mypalette". The engine seems to completely forget the palette stack
exists. There are no reported errors.

I have tried closing the palette rather than hiding it; no difference. I
have put blocking scripts for all system messages in the palette stack;
no difference. I have locked messages before hiding or showing the
stack; no difference. I have added a check in each handler to make sure
the target of the suspend and resume messages is the primary stack; no
difference.

Ideas? Workarounds till this gets fixed? Has anyone seen this before?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com