problems with "send" and macosx .3.3

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 19 12:06:01 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at 09:31 PM, shaosean at unitz.ca wrote:

> all the information is being sent from the client to the server and is
> completely intact before the "send" command (the actually send command
> is being sent with the "do" command do to the complexity of it)..

If it works, it works, but...

Are you talking about the Transcript command, 'send'?

If so, it need not be complex.  The command parameter may be a
variable.  The object parameter may be a variable specifying the object
(such as the long id).

The command parameter, whether a literal in the send command or the
value of a variable, need not be complex either.  The command in the
command parameter may take variables as parameters.  I find this very
handy in handling quotes.

Dar Scott