Odd Error Message

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 19 11:51:32 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, May 18, 2004, at 09:31 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> This same error message comes up rather alot:
>
>      	executing at 8:28:53 PM
> Type	selectedChunk: error in button or field expression
> Object	Mouse Messages
> Line	put the selectedText of me into theChoice -- allows Rev to
> determine which item has been selected.
> Hint	stack "Mouse Messages" of stack
> "/Users/judy/Documents/MSIDT_Final/FinalProjectGraphics/RevTour.rev"
>
> (a) Does something look extremely wrong with the offending line?

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but it seems to me that the
offending line is in the script of a stack named "Mouse Messages",
either the main stack or a substack of the the main stack in file
"RevTour.rev".

I don't think a stack has the property "the selectedText".

Perhaps you mean "the target" instead of "me".

> (b) Why is this coming up on a completely different card in which this
> script does not reside?  (it comes up on various cards at various
> times).

If this script is indeed that of a stack, then there are several ways.
This can happen if the stack was set up as a front script, back script,
or library using 'insert' or 'start using'.  This normally happens if
the card is part of the stack with the script.  The mainstack of the
stack (if it is a substack) is also in the message path.

> Am I losing my mind?

I cannot judge.  Perhaps, you have put the script with indicated line
in stack scripts and in card scripts.

Dar Scott