About Valentina XCMD...

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 15:03:29 EDT 2004

--- Andre Garzia <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am evaluating Valentina for a custom project. I
> want to use the
> latest XCMD from ParadigmaSoft, so I download the
> engines for Classic,
> Mach-O and Win32. Put them all in the externals of
> my app, but nothing
> happens!!!!! i closed and reopened it, everytime I
> try revOpenDatabase,
> it returns nothing!!!! no vdb file is created, no
> error returned...
>
> anyone here can send me some clues on Valentina,
> anyone here uses it? I
> need it for I must deploy self contained Database
> solutions, Can't tell
> employer to install MySQL. I also need SQL so I
> can't use serendipty
> lib.
>
> Please I need to work this out, does Valentina
> latest XCMD (version 4)
> works with Rev 2.2?
>
> Thanks in advance
> --
> Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL

Hi Andre,

There are a few issues with Valentina 1.10 and higher
when used from Revolution -- however, these are being
adressed for version 2.3 ; in the meantime you should
either use older Valentina data files, or connect
using the VCXMD external directly.

Oh, and revOpenDatabase will not create new .vdb files
for you, you need to use the Valentina application to
create a database and set its schema.

Hope this clarified the situation,

Jan Schenkel

=====