ShowList port to Transcript

Steve Meyer sdmeyer at mac.com
Fri May 14 00:54:17 EDT 2004

Thanks for this tip and the other answers. Although I probably should
have rolled my own with the information of the model command, I have
successfully integrated the AskList substack, function, and call.

Although I didn't learn everything I could have by implementing it
myself, I did learn several very interesting things:

The user contributions site
That's great! What an incredible resource. I would not have had success
as quickly if I hadn't also found the 4W_Rev_List_Search.rev file for a
simple interface to googling the mailing list archives. Lots of great
solutions.

Copying substacks
Only successful by search of Google as above. The AskList docs just say
to do so, but I never would have found the interface for this without
reading message fragments and piecing it together. I'm still not sure
if all my steps were necessary, and will have to research again if I
ever want to use an existing substack with a different mainstack,
probably not a common need anyway.

An hour of trial and error to complete the AskList integration. Every
new task is a wealth of learning, an integration in proportion to my
errors. Many, many errors.

Thanks again for the replies,
Steve