Making Rev apps hidden in Panther

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Thu May 13 13:00:44 EDT 2004

I've tried the below instructions for making a Mac app invisible.  For  me,
unfortunately, it's not working.  Could it be due to Panther?

_http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm?_proc003_
(http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm?_proc003)
which states:

To  hide an application process in OS X, open the Info.plist file in the
Contents  folder of the application package. Add this to the <dict>  section (it
doesn't seem to matter where):

<key>NSBGOnly</key>

<string>1</string>

Doing this will remove the process from the Dock, and from any menus that
list active (visible) processes. To show it again, you can either put in a 0
instead of a 1 for the <key>, or you can remove the whole  thing.