finally keyword changed since 1.5 ?

Jan Decroos jan.decroos at groepvanroey.be
Thu May 13 10:03:22 EDT 2004

Dar Scott  wrote:

> I think the behavior of 'exit to top' in a 'try' is a separate issue to
> what happens to a non-normal exit to a catch section in general.
>
> Consider this:
>
> on mouseUp
>    try
>      exit to top
>    catch e
>    finally
>      answer "Finally"
>    end try
> end mouseUp
>
> On my system, Rev 2.2, OS X 10.2.8, I get to the 'finally'.  It might
> not work that way on Jan's.

In this example, I don't get to the finally section.  Rev 2.1.2 and Rev
2.2 on Mac OS X 10.3.3.

> I think we have a difference of opinion on what should happen here.  I
> think the 'finally' should be executed.  I understand your position to
> be that it should not be.

No no : I think it should *always* execute the finally section just the
way is was in Rev 1.5 and as the documentation tells (finally).
(In a lot of handlers and functions we save the HCAddressing before the
try control structure, change it to false, and set it back in the
finally section.  We set the HCAddressing now back in both parts (catch
and finally)).

> Whatever it is, it should be documented.

Agreed,  in Rev's documentation as well as in the 'What New' file when
this was changed...  -> Bugzilla #1600

Regards,
Jan.