PrePaid/PostDelivery

John Tenny jtenny at willamette.edu
Wed May 12 13:51:40 EDT 2004

Why does this leave a bad taste in my mouth?
>>> As a Member-level subscriber to RevolutionPros.com (which means the
>>> system thinks you paid $97 for your membership here so if it's
>>> wrong, you need to notify me), you are entitled to receive all three
>>> volumes of my book in PDF form when they are complete.
>>>
>>> This does NOT include receiving the individual chapters free as they
>>> are released before the book is published. That benefit is reserved
>>> for Leader-level members only. So unfortunately you'll have to wait
>>> until RunRev and I finish all of the chapters in Volume 2 before you
>>> will receive the book in PDF form.
>>>
>>> Of course, you can always upgrade to Leader-level status (for an
>>> additional $100) and get all the chapters as they are released at no
>>> additional cost. :-)
>>>
>>> Thanks for your participation in this publishing effort.

Maybe because I remember a publishing schedule when I prepaid the fee
that has somehow faded away while another 'opportunity' emerged?

Maybe because I can't see any disadvantage to the publishers whether
they send me the information that I have already paid for a piece at a
time or waiting even longer than initially indicated for the full
product? No shipping, no printing costs - just move the names to the
other list.

As I remember the leadership level offer, it was early access to draft
versions of the chapters, not the finished chapters one at a time. That
was a change in the advertised and entered agreement. That's not fair,
and I resent it. All I know is that I would never treat pre-paying,
early supporters this way and expect any further support or
encouragement.

John