Creating bulletin boards, chat rooms...

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed May 12 08:39:18 EDT 2004

>i've been slowly working away on a multi-user bbs system using rev.. the
>first few test versions worked, but there was still a lot of work to do
>on it, and lately i have been working more on it.. it's all built in
>modules, so pieces can be easily updated, switched out, etc without
>having to redownload the whole program.. when there's something more
>stable and usuable, i'll post..
>
>-Sean

I wonder whether the bbs you talk about could be used as a forum. I
need to implement (later this year) forum option for university
courses. I mean an online system that allows students to leave notes
to be read by others (restricted to people taking a given course).
This will need to be intgerated with the content-management system
(MC-based) used to maintain course information and soon also the
downloadable materials.

Robert