Can I alter the frame rate of an animated GIF by script?

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 11 13:07:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 16:30:06 -0700 (PDT), Alejandro Tejada
<capellan2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Look at this approach to show animation in
>your stack:
>
><http://geocities.yahoo.com/capellan2000/Vector_Animation.gz>
>
><http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-January/028707.html>
>
><http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-January/028759.html>
>
>Abraham Wouter created a professional example of
>a filmstrip player. You could write him for a copy.
>I think that the name of the file that he sent me is
>"MetamoviePlayer".
>
>Notice, Graham, this is one of the best way to have
>animated png or vector graphics in your stack!
>
>The animated png format is mng, but it's still a
>work in progress.
>
>Scott Rossi created this walking animation example,
>some time ago:
>
><http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-November/025499.html>
>
>Good luck and keep us informed of your advances
>in this area.

Thanks Al, I'm looking at this. Couldn't download your .gz example (the
link is wrong) but I did find your script. I think I see the idea, and
anyway I will study it very carefully. The stuff I'm doing is very
filmstrip-like, in that I just want to show a succession of simple frames
at different speeds, and sometimes backwards. I then sync the animation
with a sound (I have a different sound for each speed - there is no way as
far as I know to play sounds at different speeds except via QuickTime which
I am not able to use). This part seems easy (it's always worked), so I have
high hopes of this method.

I'll let the list know how I get on with this and other suggestions which
have been made in the last few hours. It seems a strange route to have
taken - from QuickTime to Animated GIF to DIY animation, but if it works
I'm all for it!

Thanks again

Graham