Has anybody found RunRev under Windows 2000 to be a bit flaky?

Doran_Dermot at emc.com Doran_Dermot at emc.com
Tue May 11 11:01:02 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I'm running an evaluation copy of RunRev 2.2 under Windows 2000.  Apart from
being very impressed by the package I've also noticed some flaky behaviour.

1. I've had the application spontaneously fail during edit sessions.  A
logfile was going to be generated but I can't find it.  One particular
example of this involved copying text from an external application into the
script editor.
2. Indentation in the script editor is sometimes impossible to get right!
3. Switching from browse to edit doesn't always allow me to run test the
application correctly.  Instead I have to generate the stand-alone
application and test that.  The small application that I had written was
copying in to the Windows clipboard and only did so when I ran the
stand-alone application.
4. I've found that once I had set the stack property "resizable" on and off
a few times it was no longer possible to resize the mainstack using the
mouse.
5. Changing text format properties for a group of labels did not seem to
work!  Only the first label changed visually.  The properties of all the
other labels changed in the inspector panel but did not change on the gui.

I'm not sure if some of these problems are caused by my particular Windows
2000 configuration.  I'm hoping that somebody can give me enough information
in order to determine whether or not I should be looking at my own setup and
not RunRev!

Strangely enough the OS X version that I'm evaluating appears (so far) to
behave much, much better!

Any comments suggestions to any of the above would be very welcome!

Kind Regards,

Dermot Doran
EMC2 GTS Solutions Level 2
Office: +31-20-7768439