Stupid Programming Question

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat May 8 01:30:47 EDT 2004

Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 12:00:58 -0700
From: Ken Norris <pixelbird at interisland.net>
Subject: Re: use-revolution Digest, Vol 8, Issue 10
To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com

OOPS!

Sorry, I got in a hurry and failed to replace the subject line. Here it
is again:

Hi Rob and Judy,

> Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:04:51 -0700
> From: Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net>
> Subject: Re: Stupid Programming Question
>
> Judy,
>
> I presume you have the image name building issue solved now; but as
> an afterthought I offer a solution that does not rely on
> concatenation, handles 0 to n images, and allows for more meaningful
> image names:
>
> Place a list of image names in a field, property, or variable, in the
> order in which they are to appear.
>
> repeat for each line imageName in [field/property/variable]
>    show image imageName
>    wait 5 ticks
> end repeat
===========
I use separate files for the images. Somewhere in the startup it looks
in the images folder, builds a list with filepaths, and configures an
index scrolling list field.

It basically uses only one card which contains the UI (which has the
index field for manual access , the slide show picker and timer
controls, manual navigation controls, print controls, file editing,
etc.), and a single image holder control.

What's cool is that you are free to edit the image file folder (add,
delete, etc.) at will. When you do so from within the program, be sure
it automatically reconfigures the list and list field (using the same
routine at startup).

HTH,
Ken N.