Another CGI question. Keeping an array over more thanoneWebpage.

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Fri May 7 14:20:49 EDT 2004

> I'm no fan of cookie abuse, and I looooooove that Mozilla let's me
> approve them individually (I always nix the ones from evil ad companies
> that track you all over the Web).
>
> But how else does one maintain state information, esp. between sessions?

simply by asking users to identify clearly at the beginning of each session

(and by managing the session from the server).
I know what some ppl might say : identification is more time consuming
(and therefore more disturbing) than using cookies, but from the end user
point of view it's really different : identification means that he agrees
on it,
mostly because it is needed for the content of the session, while he
doesn't
always know what's going on with cookies...

JB