Stupid Programming Question

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri May 7 14:00:03 EDT 2004

Rob,

> I presume you have the image name building issue solved now;

--Nope.  Fortunately, I saved my amateurish solution of one line of script
for each image spelled out by hand...  But I haven't had a chance yet to
test the most recent suggestion to change "controls" to "images" (perhaps
the problem is that it is looking for a control named c17.jpg?)

> but as
> an afterthought I offer a solution that does not rely on
> concatenation, handles 0 to n images, and allows for more meaningful
> image names:
>
> Place a list of image names in a field, property, or variable, in the
> order in which they are to appear.
>
> repeat for each line imageName in [field/property/variable]
>    show image imageName
>    wait 5 ticks
> end repeat

--I had thought of this... now this still requires 16 lines of text as
opposed to code.  Concatenation would be the more elegant solution if I
can get it to actually be a solution ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try it after trying the previous one!

Judy