Another CGI question. Keeping an array over more than one Webpage.

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 11:17:37 EDT 2004

--- Malte Brill <malte.brill at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that I´ve set everything up on my machine here
> I´m eager to play around
> with the CGI stuff. Would it be possible to keep the
> values stored in an
> array over more than one Webpage and manipulate that
> array on Page 1, Page
> 2, etc? Do I need to use cookies for that?
>
> Best,
>
> Malte

Hi Malte,

At the risk of getting slammed by the anti-cookie
lobby : you could always store session variables in
cookies.
You can serialise your array and encrypt that data as
well if you want to, and these cookies can be
automatically deleted when the user quits his browser,
or you can have them expire at a certain time, etc.

Jan Schenkel.

=====