Create alias from CDROM to desktop?

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Thu May 6 11:33:54 EDT 2004

I've got a CD-ROM that has a Revolution app running on it, and I want that Revolution app to create an alias, pointint to itself to the user's desktop.  I know that I can use the defaultFolder to find the path to the app, and I know I can use "the specialFolderPath" to find the path to the desktop.  Can anyone tell me how I could pass these parameters to Applescript to perform the alias creation?  Will I run into issues with the difference in how Applescript vs. Rev handles the "/Volumes/" string, or how the CD-ROM path is formed?