Download Synergy Client for OSX...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed May 5 20:10:40 EDT 2004

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a link to a neat little program which
let's you share a keyboard and mouse between a PC and an OSX Mac. For
those of you who attempted to do this, you probably ran into some
difficulties installing and running the command-line client app.

I recently built a GUI for this app, with instructions. It bascially
manages the settings and saves them for different setups. Here's how I
typically use Synergy:

I install the Synergy Server app on my PC. I can turn it on/off easily.
Now, I have PC's at both work and home. But, I have only a single
iBookG4 laptop. I've installed the new SynergyOSX client on it. When I
go to work, I open it up, launch the SynergyOSX client and instantly I'm
able to use the Keyboard and Mouse connected to my desktop computer with
my Mac laptop. No wires or hardware required (it connects via the LAN,
which in my case is wireless).

Anyway, I think it's pretty cool. You can try it yourself at:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/SynergyOSX/default.htm

Also, because it's open source, the source code is there too. Some cool
ways of shelling out different commands to OSX.

best,

Chipp