Default folder question for OSX

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed May 5 01:03:12 EDT 2004

I'm developing an app that will read the contents of a specific file
upon openStack assuming that the file is present. Lets call this the
"defaultFile". I am not setting the defaultFolder so my stack (as I am
developing/testing) does, indeed, find the file and read its contents
as scripted. According to the electronic docs, the folder that holds
the ".app" bundle will be the default folder when I build my app. This
indicates that I shouldn't have to change the defaultFolder from
"stock". I'm developing and will build in v2.2. Will there be any
unexpected behavior in this version relative to this issue?

This also brings up a second question: If I want to place that
"defaultFile" inside the package so it can't be lost, how would I have
to set my defaultFolder. Let's assume the path to the app bundle is:

MyDisk/myFolder/myApp

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry